You can't beat natural Ability!
"When you come off the camp it’s like being on cruise control.
When he does it, he does it by himself." Chris Hall
“I don’t think there’s anything better about.” Terry Hall
A truly great sire needs three things:
- a great pedigree
- a successful performance record of his own
- and proven progeny.
Hazelwood Conman has all of this and more.
- $3,300.00 inc GST
- Booking fee of $250 applies, plus vet fees & agistment.
- Chilled semen available.
Although Conman’s official results are incomplete, we are still able to recall what an amazing competition record he has. It all started with a win in the Ladies at Yetman before heading towards the Cloncurry Challenge. In Cloncurry he was leading going to the final, but it wasn’t to be and finished 5th.
Notable achievements include:
- 1st ladies Draft at Warwick 2005
- 1st Stallion Draft ASH Nationals at Warwick 2006
The 2009 Condmine, Chinchilla, Warwick run was where he really shone and his results over that period are testament to his ability.
- Condamine Bell 2nd
- Chinchilla Grandfather Clock 1st
- Warwick Stallion Draft 1st
- Warwick Gold Cup =3rd
- Winner Barnes Trophy
Then again at Warwick in 2012. [See Video Gallery]
- Champion of Champions 2nd by ½ point
- Warwick Gold Cup 2nd after run off. [View Video]
Landmark Classic Stallion Shootout 2013. [See Video Gallery]
Hazelwood Conman progeny speak for themselves. They are among the elite performance horses, they are sale toppers and they are highly sought as future breeding stock.
2013 & 2014 are proving to be the time of the Conmans.
2014 Landmark Classic
- Winner - Bar None Confession. Rider: Pat Smyth. Owner Pat & Bernadine Smyth. [View Video]
- Equ 7th - The Ranch Maverick. Rider: T Palmer Owner: B. Little.
2014 Landmark Open Draft
- Winner - Kneipps Conray. Owned by Codie and Natalie Law. [View Video]
- 3rd - Woodridge Terry. Henry Quilty.
- Equ 5th - Alchemy Zanzibar. Greg Charleson.
2014 Landmark Challenge
- 3rd - Outback Jack. Ron Wall.
- 4th - Budgeroo Confession. Mat Oakley.
2014 Landmark, Young Guns Draft
- Equ 6th - Billcurra Basalt. Charlie Hengstberger.
2014 Landmark Classic Stallion Shoutout
- Equ 8th - Bar None Coniseur. Cameron Lee.
2014 Landmark Horse Sale
16 Conman progeny. Av. $18,781. (Highest av.)
- Lot 341 - Top Priced Mare, Bulla Tambourine. $66,000. Vendor: Bulla Lyn ASH Stud. [View Video]
- Mt Barker, WA - 6th Maiden - Hazelwood Conrod. Bruce Trennaman.
- Tenterfield Show - Equ 2nd - Olivia. Kerry O'Reiley.
- Inverell Show - 1st Novice - Redrawn Glamour. Ross Cogill | 3rd Novice - Conscience. Daniel Cheers.
- Mayanup, WA - 4th Rest Open - Huckleberry. Brett Edwards.
- Mulgildie - Equ 2nd - Spyderman. Dean Warren.
- Inglewood Show - 5th - Kambo Convert. Tom Wells.
- Capella - 2nd Novice A - Halls Rosenromance. Jaye Hall.
- Brymaroo - 4th Ladies - McConachie. Lynelle Corbould.
- Dalby - Winner - Spyderman. Dean Warren.
2013 Warwick Gold Cup Winner
- Hazelwood Advice. Owned by Michael & Vicki Hiscock. [View Video]
2013 Chinchilla Grandfather Clock Final.
4 Finalists by Hazelwood Conman plus Conman himself.
- Eq.2/3/4 Craig Radke & Contract - [View Video]
- Terry Hall & Hazelwood Conman - [View Video]
- Finalist Wayne Knudsen & Condet.
- Finalist Cameron Lee & Bar None Connor.
- Finalist Rohan Marks & Hingus.
2013 Red Range
- 1st Open. Kneipps Conray. Codie Law.
Other Notable Sales
- Lot 33 - Barclay Willow. $23,000. Open Age Mare. Vendor: Dr. John Kiss.
- Lot 50 - Barkly Batman. $14,000. Open Age Gelding. Vendor: Dr. John Kiss. [View Video]
- Lot 142 - Edenvale Constellation. $30,000. 2010 Mare. Vendor: Roy W King.
- Lot 345 - Hazelwood Connecting Flight. $25,000. 2010 Mare. Vendor: T. & C. Hall. Purchaser: Terry Hall, Wagga Wagga. [View Video]
- Lot 476 - Branchvale Icon. $26,000. 2011 Colt. Vendor: Emdee Enterprises Pty Ltd.
Progeny in action!
[View progeny] listed on the Australian Stock Horse Stud Book register.
Sire: Dogwood Comet
Comet was bred by Noel Campbell at Condamine before changing ownership to Robbie Hilton (he was out of Robbie’s great mare Dawn). As a young two year old colt Robbie sent him to Terry Hall for education and the necessary mustering miles.
Terry was impressed with Comet and a deal was done with Robbie. Terry swapped High Shine, from High Regard, for Comet as the mare was more appropriate for Robbie to ride.
Dogwood Comet was drafting at 4years old, but a potential career was cut short when he lost an eye in an accident at the truck. He was retired to stud duties.
After seven years the Hall’s decided to retry him and he was just as he always was. He was better with left hand courses as he could get his bearings better, but his will and commitment showed the character of the horse to perform so well with his disability. They took him on a trip to the Territory where he won a Progressive Draft and then he was retired again.
He was later sold to Paul and Jane Stone when Terry and Chris started standing Conman.
Dam: Hazelwood Romance
Hazelwood Romance is part of a small band of Stock Horse mares that will go down in history as a legend.
Terry and Romance are described as "A brilliant partnership".
Visit Hall Stockhorses website to read the full story on Romance.
Foaling Date: 17/01/1999
Exceptional Horse Status: Heritage Stock Horse
Breeder: TE & CE Hall
Current Owner: TE & CE Hall
Progeny: [View Progeny]
Breeding: [5 generations]
Clicking on the link will lead to the horse's listing on the Australian Stock Horse Stud Book register.
Information provided courtesy of the Australian Stock Horse Society.
Conman & Progeny Videos
- Conman wins Rd 2 of the Stallion Shootout with a 91. [View Video]
- Hazelwood Conman & Terry Hall, Open Rd 2 - [View Video]
Landmark Classic 2013
Landmark Classic 2014
- Rd 1 Classic - Terry Hall & Hazelwood Cormac - equal top score of 89 [View Video]
- Conman gelding wins the Classic, Bar None Confession bred by Cameron & Jane Lee and purchased by Pat Smyth. [View Video]
- Conman Colt wins the Open. Kneipps Conray bred and ridden by Cody Law. [View Video]
- Gold Cup Winner - Michael Hiscock & Hazelwood Advice. [View Video]
- Gold Cup Rd 2 - Michael Hiscock & Hazelwood Advice - 179. [View Video]
ASH National Fountain of Youth Sale 2013, Tamworth
- Davros Dimension (filly) - Vendor: J.B. Davros - SOLD: $16,000. [View Video]
Kirkbys Stud Reduction Sale - April 1, 2013
- Lot 7, Kirkbys Stud Confetti - Ridden horse, top price of $16,000. By Hazelwood Conman, out of an Omega daughter, Kirkbys Stud Diamond. Purchased by Peter Dampney. [View Video]
- Lot 9, Kirkbys Stud Rosita - Second top price of $15,000. By Hazelwood Conman, out of the well performed Omega mare, Kirkbys Stud Rosalie. [View Video]
Landmark Classic Sale 2013
- Hazelwood Conduct, Conman mare. SOLD for $40,000. [View Video]
- Daley's Matrix, Conman gelding. SOLD for $17,000 - Preworks footage. [View Video]
Dalby Sale 2012
- Oakdene Coster, 3 year old Conman gelding. Sold for $10,000. [View Video]
Terry & Chris Hall
GOONDIWINDI QLD 4439
Tel: (07) 4675 4518
Fax: (07) 4675 4630
Mobile: 0427 733 403
Email Address: email@example.com